192.168.1.1 is an IP address used by Linksys, TP-Link, Netgear, Zyxel, ASUS and several other routers. Routers of these brands are pre-configured with 192.168.1.1 IP address and use it to identify itself on the network.
If you haven’t updated your router password and username then you could lookup your router credentials below.
By accessing 192.168.l.l IP address you can change configuration and settings of your router. Here is how to connect to your router:
- Navigate to 192.168.1.1 or type 192.168.1.1 in your browser address bar and press enter.
- If this results in an error learn how to lookup your router IP address.
- Once you know your router IP address navigate to it.
- If you know your router username and password then type it to the corresponding fields.
- After entering your username and password press Submit or Login button (depending on which router model you’re using). This will get you to the router administration interface.
If your router password is lost and default credentials don’t work you can try to recover router password.